1. Always clip on when going on the bowsprit.
2. Always sit down when eating on a boat.
3. The gulf stream is closer than you think and getting caught in it can slow you down a lot.
4. When cruising, count on motoring a lot more than you anticipate.
5. If you haven't been on your boat for a while and you go sailing in rough weather, you will get seasick.
6. Lip balm, sunglasses and sun tan lotion is a must.
7. Always use the head on a boat, don't try the over the side thing.
8. When the boat is moving so much, it is very hard to do anything except sit and be amazed by mother nature.