Monday, July 7, 2014

Installing a Monitor Windvane

I got up early this morning while there was no wind and moved a small fishing barge near the aft end of my boat so I could install the scanmar monitor wind vane that I purchased last year.
I had  visions of finishing before lunchtime.
I bolted it down with a couple of bolts onto my boomkin and then discovered a big problem.
That tape measure is reading the height above the water line. Instead of reading 39" it is only  34" so something is wrong with my rigging.
I will fix that  problem later and continued drilling 2 extra holes in the back of the boomkin.
And bolted all four to secure the top side of the wind vane.
Then I had to secure the arms by drilling holes and with bolts through each of them.
Of course I used good old loctite.
Now for the 2 bottom legs. I had to cut about 3" of excess pipe off each leg.
Just after this photo was taken, part of the hacksaw fell into the drink.
This necessitated a run up to Home depot to get a new hacksaw and to replace some drill bits that had broken.
When I got back I decided to use the marina drill press.
I added seizing wire to the bolts.
OK, even though it took me all day, I am finished now. I will add the paddle, after I get the rigging problem squared away.


  1. You've really nice and shining boat.I'm sure you've enjoyed a lot whiling spending time at fishing.Hope to see more from you.thank you very much for sharing.keep posting.

  2. Software utilities, such as those provided by your computer's operating system or by Adobe Photoshop Cheap Portable Monitors

  3. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues 4k compute rmonitor

  4. Thanks for your information, it was really very helpful: OMC exploded view parts drawing