Saturday, July 16, 2016
Anchoring in Boston harbor
1. Stay at the Constitution Marina in the heart of downtown Boston for $100 a night.
2. Anchor out on a free mooring at Spectacle Island and dinghy the long 4 miles into the Atlantic Wharf dock. There is a ferry that goes to Spectacle Island but the last one out leaves at 3pm.
3. Stay in Gloucester for $30 a night and catch the train to Boston for $20. I did this for a week and I enjoyed the town.
4. Stay in Salem. Again it's a bit of a nuisance commuting downtown but not too bad.
5. Provincetown. Ferry is $85 one way so too expensive to visit Boston.
My favorite is the marina because of the people I have met here. Most of the residents live here year round but it gets seriously cold here during the winter so they plastic wrap their boats.
Tomorrow I am heading up to Maine so hopefully I will have good winds.