Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fynspray pump refurbishment

I have an old salt water pump at my galley sink that leaks so I set out to fix it. I could just buy a new one but this one looks like it is a pretty good quality one.
I did actually have some new parts for it but didn't end up needing them.
As with most repair jobs on the boat, I had no idea what I was in for and my m.o. is to take everything apart, clean it and put it all back together again. Well in this case I discovered that an important washer was missing near the top of the pump that stopped water leaking out of the top. Anyway now it works perfectly thank goodness because I will need to be frugal over the next few weeks with my fresh water consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.