Notice the radar reflector on the port spreader.
I climbed the mast to put it up and while there I took a photo of my new solar panels pumping out 200 watts into my battery bank.
I worked all jolly morning on the above transducer for my silly fish finder. You can't see it but there is water in the above orange bowl that the transducer is sitting in.
You can see that I managed to get the depth reading working successfully. Trouble is I was not able to find another spot where the transducer worked as well. It is right below the dining room table and I am afraid that someone's foot will accidentally kick the transducer. So I went to Home Depot tonight and bought a 3" PVC pipe to mount it in using epoxy. That should protect it OK.
BTW while I was working under the table I noticed that my USCG documented number was etched into the epoxy. Not sure what the NET stands for.
Storms were threatening here this afternoon so my mind turned to chafe protection for my dock lines.
Wouldn't you know that as soon as I splashed, a tropical depression, 91L has just formed off the Carolina coast and is supposed to make landfall here on Tuesday. It is hurricane season after all.
Hopefully it will go north east instead.
I finally got around to swapping out my tiller and when I get a chance I will coat it with 2 layers of epoxy and 3 layers of cetol. In the meantime it is under a sunbrella cover.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.