Onapua........the sailing vessel
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Didn't do a lot today because the previous owner stopped by and we talked a while.
I did fix the thimble on the anchor rode.
I think the corrosion was caused by the different metals of stainless steel and galvanized anchor chain.
I soaked the rode to loosen it up to fit the thimble.
Then I lashed it in place.
Note the loop to feed the end through.
And Bob's your uncle!
Actually not quite. I used seizing wire to keep it secure.
And lastly I added a tang for the starboard running backstay.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Post Comments (Atom)